We have wanted to make this wonderful shrimp dish for awhile now, but we finally got the chance last weekend. This is a perfect dish for Lenten meals, and comes together quickly. The shrimp is sauteed in a lemony, garlic, wine sauce with Herbes de Provence and artichoke hearts added in.with fresh basil. The shrimp and sauce is then served over multi grain Linguine, or any pasta of your choice. You can sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top if you want. The sauce is so good and lemony, and the shrimp and artichoke hearts pair nicely. You could even serve this for company with a nice glass of white wine. You will not be disappointed, when you make this one. Enjoy!
Lemony Shrimp with Artichoke on Multi Grain Linguine= Serves 4
3/4 lbs. 41-50count Raw shrimp, deveined
1/2 medium onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 140oz can Artichoke hearts, quartered
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1/3 c chicken broth
1/3 c white wine
1/4 c olive oil
1 tsp Herbes de Provence
8 large leaves of fresh Basil, chiffonade
8 oz. Multi Grain Linguine
1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter or Smart Balance
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil and butter, until onions are clear.
- Add chicken broth, white wine, shrimp, and Herb de Provence, until shrimp is almost pink.
- Add Lemon, juice and zest, and Artichoke Hearts.
- Heat thoroughly and spoon over cooked pasta.
- Add fresh grated Parmesan cheese, and chiffonade of fresh basil
- I am linking the recipe to Brandie's Weekend Potluck# 7