I made these Oatmeal Coconut Cherry MM cookies to round out my Cherry fest. I saw these cherry MM"s and thought of making Oatmeal cookies with them. Then I saw Monet@Anecdotes and Apple Cores Chewy Coconut Cookies, and decided to add coconut to my oatmeal cookies. These cookies are addicting, with the chewy coconut and oatmeal, along with the cherry MM's. Now these MM's are cherry flavored, not real cherries, but they still taste good. As you can see in the picture, they are a little larger than regular MM's, and they didn't bake well. The candy shells, that" don't melt in your hand", flake off of the cookies, and don't look pretty. My hubby didn't care however, because there were more "rejects" for him to eat. Who eats your rejects? I wouldn't recommend baking with them. I should have strategically placed more of the MM's on the top of the dough, before the cookies were baked. Chalk this up to "Live and Learn." Do you dunk your cookies in milk, coffee, or tea?
I used my favorite Oatmeal Cookie recipe and added coconut. You won't be able to stop eating these, so i recommend storing them in a far away place in your pantry, cupboard, or garage, where you don't see them:) Enjoy!
Oatmeal Coconut Cookies Adapted from QuakerOats.com
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Oats (quick or old fashioned) I used old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs, and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and coconut; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack
I am linking the recipe to Brandie's Weekend Potluck #7. Stop by and say Hi to Brandie!