If you are looking for a quick, fun, and yummy treat for St. Patrick's Day, go buy a box of Lucky Charms and make Lucky Charms treats. They are made just like Rice Krispy treats, only you use the colorful, "Luck of the Irish", Lucky Charms. The treats are sweet, because the cereal is sweetened, but they are cute, and everything in moderation. I can say that I had never bought Lucky Charms before, but I did today.
You just mix the marshmallows and butter in a bowl, microwave until melted, pour over the Lucky Charms, mix until Lucky Charms are well coated, and press in a pan. Chill in fridge. Now if you are so inclined, you can make your own Lucky Charms mini marshmallows for Lucky Charms Cupcakes like Stef from Cupcake Project. I didn't have time to make my own Lucky Charm marshmallows though. May you find the "Magic of the Lucky Charms" in your treats and Have a Happy St. Patty's Day!
Lucky Charm Treats from Food .com
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 25 large marshmallows or 2 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease 9x9x2-inch pan.
- Melt margarine and marshmallows until smooth, either over medium heat in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Stir in Lucky Charms until well coated. Press into pan with buttered hands.
- Cool in fridge. Cut into squares when cool.