When I was making my cutout shamrock cookies I decided to glaze some with green, and some with chocolate. I added mint extract to the chocolate. After I was done glazing them, I made a few "sandwich" cookies. I added more powdered sugar to the glaze, and frosted between the shamrocks, and put them together, adding green sprinkles, of course.. They turned out very well, don't you think?
Barb's Roll Out Cookies 400 degrees oven
1 3/4 c. AP flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter, room temp
3/4 c sugar
1 beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
- In large bowl combine butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat with mixer at medium speed, until creamy. Lower speed and gradually add in flour mixture, until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a ball. Flatten to 1/2 ". Wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or longer.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. roll out dough, one half at a time, on lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated.
- Cut outwith desired cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, one inch apart. Bake 6-8 minutes, until edges are lightly brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to rack to cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
green food coloring
Combine powdered sugar and milk, until dripping from spoon consistency. Add food coloring until desired color.. Glaze cookies and add sprinkles. Dry on rack.
Chocolate Mint Glaze
1 c powdered sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1/4 c milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
Combine powdered sugar and cocoa, until combined. Stir in milk and peppermint extract to desired consistency
Glaze cookies and add sprinkles.
Ff you want to make the "sandwich" cookies, add more powdered sugar to glaze, until spreadable. Spread on individual cookies, and put on rack to set frosting.
l linked up my recipe to Brandie@The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck #108
Stop by and say Hi to Brandie!