Pasta Carbonara with Peas and Green Onion Inspired by Rachael Ray.com
1 cup of fresh or frozen peas, cooked
12 oz. multi grain linguine or your favorite pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 lb of pancetta, bacon or turkey bacon, chopped in 1” pieces.
4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
4 green onions, white tops only, thinly sliced. Reserve green onion tops and chop
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Microwave peas in microwave 2-3 min.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta, add salt, and cook pasta to al dente, firm, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile brown bacon pieces in olive oil, if needed, until cooked crisp. Add garlic, pepper, and green onions. Stir 2-3 minutes.
- When pasta is done, reserve 1/2 c starchy cooking water. Put eggs in separate bowl. Add about another 1/4 cup of starchy water to eggs, and beat to temper eggs.
- In large bowl add bacon, garlic, and sliced green onions, and lemon zest, immediately add in hot pasta, drained. Pour eggs over top of cooked pasta and cheese. Toss with tongs 1-2 min until combined. Serve immediately and garnish with more fresh parsley, cheese, and green onion tops.