I received a bottle on homemade Kahlua from Kim@LivLife during the holidays.Thank you so much, Kim. You are a wonderful friend. I have wanted to bake with it, but just didn't have time, until now. That's not to say that I didn't have a little drink of the Kahlua,however, just sayin'. It is so good, so smooth. Back to my baking...
I'm really loving mini desserts, especially after the holidays, when we are all looking to cut calories, but still want a little sweet. I have previously made Nutella Brownie Bites, so I decided to make Kahlua Brownie Bites with the homemade Kahlua. I used my go to Fudgey Brownie Recipe, and just added some of the DIY Kahlua and melted chocolate chips. Instead of making them in my mini muffin pan, I made them in and 8x8 pan cut into squares, and then cut the squares diagonally. Then I made a Kahlua Glaze with powdered sugar and Almond milk. To finish them off, I made a Chocolate Kahlua Ganache. These are little bites of heaven, with just the right mix of Kahlua and chocolate. Now, I'm sure that if you don't have any DIY Kahlua you could use the commercial brand with good results. These little brownie bites would be perfect finger food for your Super Bowl party.
Kahlua Mini Brownie Bites
Adapted from Better Home and Gardens
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray .
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan; cook over medium low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlua and vanilla - set aside.
- Beat brown sugar and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Add the chocolate mixture and beat well. then add the remaining dry ingredients. Coat an 8 in square baking pan with spray and pour batter in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Glaze brownies with Kahlua Glaze
- Spatter Chocolate Kahlua Ganache over the Kahlua Glaze on brownies. Let Ganache set,
- Cut brownies into 9 squares. Cut each square diagonally. Yields 18 mini pieces.
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp Kahlua
Mix above ingredients until desired consistency. Using a teaspoon, drop glaze onto cooled brownies in desired pattern.
Chocolate Kahlua Ganache
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp Kahlua
Melt chocolate chips in almond milk over low heat on stove stirring to combine or microwave in 15 sec. increments until melted. Stir until combined. Stir in Kahlua, until desired consistency. Spatter Ganache over the Kahlua glaze into no particular pattern. Use your imagination. Cut Brownies into squares, when glaze and ganache are set. Cut squares diagonally. Enjoy. Store in covered container for about one week, if you have any left.
Bailey's birthday was over the weekend, 9 years old, so I baked her Doggie Birthday Cake with all of her favorite foods, peanut butter, banana, and apple. Yes, she loves apples. Her cake had no sugar or honey, just flour, 1 egg, the above ingredients, and a little water. She loved it, of course. She still doesn't know what to think of candles lol. You can get the recipe here. I added one half grated apple to the recipe. Wish Bailey a Happy Birthday!
l linked up my recipe to Brandie@The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck #102
Stop by and say Hi to Brandie!