This Cream Cheese Pie should have been a Peach Cream Pie. Maybe you heard about a stone fruit recall. Some of Peaches, Nectarines, and Plums from certain growers may have had Listeria, nasty stuff. Because I was taking this pie to friends for dinner over the weekend, I didn't want to take a chance with peaches from other stores, either. So close your eyes and pretend this is that Yummy Peach Cream Pie or open them and see this gorgeous No Bake Berry Cream Cheese Pie. The peach Pie will just have to wait.
No Bake Berry Cream Cheese Pie is a good alternative to making a whole cheesecake, even though it was National Cheesecake Day yesterday. This pie has all the cheese cake flavor with fewer calories, less time to prepare, plus you don't have tun on the oven, a winner in my book. The pie also has a Chocolate Crust. I didn't use Chocolate graham crackers or Chocolate wafers to make the crust. I added melted chocolate chips to the graham cracker crumbs, easy peasy, spread them in a 9" pie plate and baked them for about 8 minutes. The chocolate pairs well with the strawberries and blueberries.
Once the crust has cooled you can make the filling, softened light cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the juice of a lemon, which is whipped together. Then fold in light Cool Whip or whipped cream. Spread filling in in the crust, and refrigerate for about one hour. You can then decorate the top of of the pie with the fruit of your choice. Since peaches were a problem, I thought I should stick to fruits that were ripe, when you buy them, like berries. Actually my artist in residence, Scott, decorated the top of the pie. He has an artistic eye, not me. I debated about glazing the fruit with heated jam, but I didn't want to mess up Scott's artwork. Unfortunately, I can't show you a slice of this yummy pie, because it all gone. You will just have to trust me that it tastes soo good, especially with the chocolate crust. Enjoy!
No Bake Berry Cream Cheese Pie with Chocolate Crust
Inspired by No Bake Peach Cream Pie, Cooking Light
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 cookie sheets)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz ounces chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- 5 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed or 1cup whipping cream whipped
- 8 oz of strawberries, sliced in half depending on the size of the berries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Directions:1. Combine crumbs in a food processor; process until combined. Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds, stirring until chocolate is smooth. Add to processor; pulse until combined. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake in 375 oven for 6-9 min.or freeze until firm.
2. Place cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping or whipping cream. Carefully spread filling over bottom of crust. Chill pie for one hour, until set. Decorate top of pie with mixed berries or fruit of your choice; kiwi, peaches, nectarines, raspberries, etc. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.