My hearts and prayers go out to the people of Oklahoma to all of those affected, and the First Responders, as well.. I can't even imagine what these people are going through now.
In our neck of the country, we have been waiting for Spring for a long time, and it is finally here. The fresh local asparagus is here, too. We are lucky that there is a farm market across the road from our sub-division. We will be waiting a long time for more fresh produce, because Spring planting is very late this year. We love fresh asparagus cooked any way, but we especially like it with pasta, lemony shrimp, and fresh basil in a tasty wine sauce. I am really liking the GF pasta that I found at TJ's, Trader Joe's. Enjoying pasta dishes is much easier, now that I have found GF pasta.
This is the perfect meal for your busy end of school weeks, or just because you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen this time of year. In the time that it takes to cook pasta almost, you can have this dinner on the table. The longest step in this recipe is peeling and cleaning the shrimp. Enjoy!
Here is an update on Scott and his pituitary gland surgery. He is scheduled for surgery June 18th, which is a little less than four weeks away. We are counting the days, so we can put all of his medical trials behind us, and move on.
Lemony Shrimp with Fresh Asparagus and Basil on Gluten Free Pasta
· 1/2 medium onion, diced
· 4 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1/4 c olive oil
· 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter or Smart Balance
· 1/3 c chicken broth
· 1/3 c white wine
· 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
· 1 lb of fresh asparagus cut in small pieces
· Zest of 1 lemon
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 3/4 lbs. 41-50count Raw shrimp, deveined, and cut in half
· 8 oz. Gluten Free pasta, cooked al dente, and drained, or you favorite pasta.
· 4 large leaves of fresh Basil, chiffonade
· 1/2 c grated, fresh Parmesan cheese, optional
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil and butter, until onions are clear.
- Add chicken broth, white wine, chopped asparagus, and Herb de Provence, Add Lemon, juice and zest. Cook until asparagus is tender, not mushy.
- Add chopped shrimp and saute over medium heat, until shrimp is pink and curled, about 2-3 min. Do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- Add fresh grated Parmesan cheese, and chiffonade of fresh basil
- I linked up my recipe to Brandie@The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck #68
Stop by and say Hi to Brandie!