Upside Down Peach Rum Cake Adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a small bowl; set aside. Butter a 9” cake pan.
- Stir the brown sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, and dark rum in a 9-inch cake pan until the sugar has dissolved. Arrange the peach slices in the pan. Set aside. Beat 1/2 cup butter and the white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the first egg until incorporated, and then beat in the second egg. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated. Gently pour the batter over the peaches.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake is golden brown, about 50-55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before running a knife along the edges and inverting onto a serving plate to cool. Can be served warm or cool with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.