Taste of Home . Joanna used Vanilla Butter Cream frosting, instead of the White Chocolate Ganache, which the original recipe used. She also used gel food coloring. but you could also use the pink paste color. These cupcakes are perfect for any Princess birthday party, shower, or if you just want to feel all girly and giggly. Thanks Joanna!
Pink Velvet Cupcakes from Taste of Home
Yields 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until
- light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking
- soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk
- beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
1 cup, 2 sticks, butter softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
Beat butter with mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla, until desired consistency. Frost or pipe on cupcakes.