Friday, September 3, 2010
Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
I got this recipe from my dear friend, Pam, who passed away from a brain tumor in 2003. She had two girls, who are married and have families of their own, and I stay in touch with them. Every time I make this recipe I say "Thank You, Pam". I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Ingredients You can vary this recipe, depending on how much pork tenderloin you use, and adjust accordingly.
1.1-lb. pork tenderloin
2.1 lb. of mushrooms, any type-we used Baby Bella
3. 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
4. 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
5. 1-2 c. red wine, any kind, we used a Chianti
6. 1-2 tsp Herbs De Provence- This wasn't in the original recipe-we added it.
7. Flour for dredging
1. Slice pork in 1/2" medallions. Dredge in flour seasoned with pepper and a pinch of salt, more if you like it.
2. Brown medallions in olive oil, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Saute sliced onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are soft.
4. Add sliced mushrooms to onions and cook, until mushrooms are browned.
5.Return the medallions to onions and mushrooms in the pan. Stir in the Herbs De Provence and red wine, cover until the medallions are cooked through, and the sauce is thickened.
6. Serve over noodles, pasta or rice. Smell, Taste, and Enjoy the flavors of this dish!