Chockylit by adding mini chocolate chip morsels to make them extra chocolaty with chocolate butter cream frosting. Because these were traveling cupcakes, I left them unfrosted and my Granddaughter and I frosted them when I got there. She loves to bake, when she has time. I started baking with her when she was 18 mos. old, so I hope that she's a future foodie!
Devils Food Cupcakes
makes 24 cupcakes/350 degree oven
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter (1 stick room temp)
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c mini chocolate chip morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Measure all ingredients except eggs and chocolate morsels in mixing bowl.
2. Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
3. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, beat on high again for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in chocolate morsels. until mixed.
Measure out into cupcake pan with liners, using a 2" ice cream scoop for filling. Bake for about 15-20 min. until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan slightly and then transfer to a rack to cool completely before
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting.
1 stick butter, room temperature
4 c. confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. milk, more or less
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
2. Add cocoa and 1c. sugar to butter mixture and beat until incorporated
3. Add half of the milk and remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get desired consistency