Everybody has to have a BF or Besties, Pauli and are Besties. She is my dear neighbor, and would do anything for you, and is so generous. One day Pauli called me and told me to come over, I went over next door, and she handed me a bag and inside was this darling cupcake apron, and she got one, too. She got this for me because I love cupcakes, and I love to make them for any occasion, or no occasion at all. Her husband calls me "Cupcake", so sweet, no pun intended:) Because we had matching aprons, and Pauli loves to bake, too, we decided we had to have a "Cupcake Event". Our cupcake event was a day where we both made different cupcakes in our homes, then we went to get a bite to eat with our husbands, and came back to my house for dessert.
Makes around 20 cupcakes
- 1 2/3 C all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and extract.
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. ( I used a 2" ice cream scoop).
- Bake at 350 F for twenty minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when touched.
- Cool on rack until cool.
- Using the cone method, fill with melted Snickers.
- Frost with chocolate butter cream frosting, and sprinkle chopped Snickers over the top.
Unwrap 12 Mini Snickers, chop, and melt in microwave.
Unwrap 12 mini Snickers, chopped. Reserve for topping
Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
1 stick butter, room temperature
4 c. confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. milk, more or less
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
2. Add cocoa and 1c. sugar to butter mixture and beat until incorporated
3. Add half of the milk and remainder of sugar and beat until incorporated.
4. Continue to add milk until you get desired consistency
Here's a sneak peak of Pauli's Butter Cakes: