Because Baking is my passion, here is my first baking post with many,many more to come. I made Confetti Cupcakes for my friend's twin grandchildren's 3rd birthday. The twins are so cute, and so are the cupcakes. I left some of the cupcakes unfrosted and let the kids decorate them. they had so much fun decorating them. The picture below is of cupcakes that I decorated. I modified Nealey Vanbuskirk's Valentine Day Cupcake recipe on Associated content.
Makes 24 cupcakes or 36 mini cupcakes.
- 3/4 c butter softened
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (I omitted this)
- 1 3/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 c milk (I used soy milk)
- 2-3 Tbsp Rainbow Sprinkles or Jimmies
Vanilla Confetti Frosting
This is the frosting recipe I used since I was a little girl.
- 3-4 c confectioners sugar
- 3/4 c butter, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk ( add more to desired consistency)
- Rainbow sprinkles or Jimmies
frosting and Enjoy!